Monday, August 27, 2012

Rogue Brewhouse: Issaquah

My family and I hit up Chateau Rogue last year near Independence, Oregon and we had an absolute blast! My husband, sister and her boyfriend really like their beer. They really like local craft beers. So when my sister moved back home after graduation she told us that there is Rogue Brewhouse in Issaquah. So, naturally, we decided to go check out lunch and see what was what.

Well, it isn't nearly as awesome as Chateau Rogue. And I guess we shouldn't have thought it would be. Chateau Rogue had a little beer shack that sold food (really, really good food) and yard games! It's basically a hop yard that is an adult backyard. The Rogue Brewhouse here in issaquah is similar to any random restaurant with a bar. Average food and pretty poor service.

Now to the beer. I don't drink it. It's not nearly sweet enough for me. But again, my family likes it. Rogue Scotch was what my husband had. And he liked it enough to consider getting a growler.

Although I don't drink beer I do sometimes try cider. My buddy Mutton Chop is in town from Australia and he doesn't like beer either. So this trip he ordered Ace Cider. Pretty funny, as the waitstaff couldn't understand what he said because of his accent. I tried it and it was pretty good. Not too much if a bite and a little bit sweet. I would try it again.

Overall I don't think I would choose to eat there again, but I would stop in and pick some beer up for my family.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to force feed Mutty some beer when he's in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete