Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cruising Hurricane Sandy

Hey so the Captains plans changed as the weather continued to change. We ended up sailing south instead of east by southeast because Sandy, the fickle sea witch, decide to head that way. Needless to say we ended up rocking with the sea. He warned us last night that between 4am and 8am we would have the worst waves, weather and turbulence.

Well we woke at 530am to water bottles, glasses and shoes flying. Good thing that my mother-in-law brought anti-nausea pills. They have been extremely effective.

The waves are getting smaller and the wind isn't as strong as it was. I am glad that we are moving away from the storm. Hurricane Sandy has been upgraded to a category 3. I am worried about the entire eastern seaboard and I am hoping out flight back is not cancelled or delayed.

That is it for now. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment