Monday, September 16, 2013

Ahh Venice

Well hello from Italy!
The trip in was long and at times arduous but we made it yesterday. So did our checked bag! This was my first trip back to Europe since I left with my family as a babe.

We made it to our hotel without any issues and settled in. We showered, had some great complimentary snacks provided by the hotel (snacks, wine and tea from 2-11) before we headed out yo explore. We were surprised by all that we could see in such a short time of wondering: Rialto Bridge and Saint Marks Square are only 10 and 15 minutes away, respectively. We got gelato and pizza. It was great!

Today we revisited Rialto and Saint Marks Square. Again we got gelato, this is me after all! We explored the Doges Palace and the Rialto market and they side of the Grand canal. We were having a leisurely walk when it started to rain, but it was no big deal.... When in Rome... Err... VENICE! we ended up at this restaurant where we hoped to wait out the rain. I got to use the Italian I have been practicing. We got a little lost in the dark but found our way back to the hotel. We are now enjoying an Irish Pub and free wifi!

1 comment: